Sunday, January 18, 2009

Christmas Break Sleepover

I forgot all about these pictures that I took a week ago when my daughter had her sleepover with her best friends. They all took turns hosting a sleepover during the Christmas Break. We decided to celebrate 2 of the girls' birthdays as their birthdays were this month but, after they went back to school.

First, I made the chocolate cake. Seems that chocolate is a must with a bunch of girls. 'Scuse me - young women. I don't have any cake pans at the moment, but my biggest cast iron pan worked out beautifully.


I also didn't have any cake decorating equipment so I spelled out Happy Birthday with almonds. They loved it.


I also made them a pizza which they promptly devoured. My daughter says they can't make pizza like mine at college. That's good. I'd hate to think some institution could out-do my cooking! The girls were up until sometime between 4:30 and 5 am. So, I got a great opportunity to get them while they were sleeping. Ha!


So, I made them french toast and bacon for brunch. It was a lot of fun having them all here. I just love listening to them discuss their favorite bands and their unattainable heartthrobs and the latest movies and books they've seen and read. Such silly stuff that speaks of those days we all left behind when we graduated and started careers and families.

No comments: